What will you learn?
- 9Get a deep understanding of the eight CISSP domains and their interrelationships;
- 9Master each domain through practical exercises and insights, with an expert trainer specialised in that specific domain;
- 9Apply your CISSP knowledge to realistic case scenarios in a European context;
- 9Prepare for the CISSP® adaptive exam with a practice exam.
- 7 course days
- 40 hours of self-study
- R1 CPE credit per study hour
“We followed an in-company training with Security Academy for CISSP and had a very effective learning journey through an (online) classroom based approach. The experienced trainers were able to liven up the course with plenty of real-world examples. We welcome quite a number of new CISSP certified staff members thanks to this training. Looking forward to revisiting the experience with a CCSP training!”
CISSP® Preparation course – Intensive CISSP® training
Our CISSP Preparation Course will help you master the skills you need to pass the ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) adaptive certification exam and earn your CISSP qualification. In this intensive CISSP training, you will learn to master both the technical and managerial aspects of designing, engineering and managing an organisation’s overall IT security posture. You will cover all domains of the ISC2 CISSP certification exam, diving deep into each domain with an expert trainer who has extensive experience in the domain in question. To fully prepare you for your certification exam and future career, the course will challenge you to apply your knowledge to authentic case scenarios in a European context. At the end of the course, you will also have the opportunity to complete a full CISSP practice exam.
By completing this CISSP Preparation Course, you will not only gain in-depth understanding of the CISSP domains. You will also benefit from the guidance of real-world IT security management experts who are up to date with current practices and can give you practical insights to help you excel at your CISSP certification exam as well as your career in a senior security management role.
After completing the course, you will have a thorough knowledge of the eight CISSP domains. You will be fully prepared to take the CISSP adaptive exam and apply your CISSP expertise in your working environment.
What makes this CISSP training unique?
- An expert specialised trainer for each CISSP domain to ensure you master each domain and get the necessary practical insights;
- Extensive use case exercises and practice exam questions for each domain;
- Special focus on the practical application of the domains in a European context;
- Extensive CISSP practice exam, including evaluation and follow-up discussion.
Prerequisites to joining this CISSP Preparation Course
This CISSP Preparation Course is intended for experienced security practitioners and managers aspiring to validate their expertise with the ISC2 CISSP certification and pursue a leadership position in cyber security. To make the most of this CISSP training, you need to have a good understanding of information security management and technical security.
Are you new to information security management? Or would you just feel more comfortable taking an entry-level information security management training before moving on to CISSP? Learn all the essentials in our Information Security Foundation course.
Unsure if you have the necessary IT security skills to follow CISSP? Learn IT security fundamentals in our IT Security Foundation course.
Note that passing the CISSP exam is not sufficient to be certified. ISC2 requires at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 CISSP knowledge domains.
Is this CISSP Preparation Course for you?
The CISSP Preparation Course was specifically designed for information or IT security professionals who aspire to gain in-depth knowledge of the CISSP domains (Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity & Access Management, Security Testing, Security Operations and Software Development Security), and advance their career to a senior information security, IT security or cyber security management role.
Since the ISC2 CISSP certification is particularly popular amongst professionals with an IT or information security background, our CISSP training is typically attended by:
- Security Consultants
- Security Managers
- IT Directors/Managers
- Security Auditors
- Security Architects
- Security Analysts
- Security Systems Engineers
- Chief Information Security Officers
What is included in this CISSP Preparation Course?
- CISSP® Official Study Guide from Sybex;
- Additional course materials developed by experts in the CISSP domains and the industry (presentations, use cases, practice exam questions);
- Practice exam, evaluation and discussion on the last day.
CISSP Preparation Course Modules
Module 1 – Security and Risk Management
In Module 1, you gain an in-depth understanding of policies, methods, concepts, structures and standards that enable effective and efficient security governance and risk management. This module also covers key security management soft skills including leadership, organisational structures, behaviour and security awareness.
- Security governance
- BCP & DRP
- Risk management
- Education, training and awareness
Module 2 – Asset Security
Module 2 introduces you to securing and monitoring company assets and data to ensure an appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Asset management
- Data management
- Information classification
- Data security controls
Module 3 – Security Architecture and Engineering
Module 3 equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to design and implement secure applications, operating systems, equipment and networks.
- Engineering lifecycle
- Security architectures and models
- Vulnerabilities of architectures, in software and systems
- Vulnerabilities in embedded and mobile devices
- Application and use of cryptography
- Site and facility design, planning and operations
Module 4 – Communication and Network Security
Module 4 is a deep dive into network architectures, communication and transmission methods, protocols and measures to guarantee security (confidentiality, integrity and availability).
- Network architecture and design
- Multi-layer and converged protocols
- Security network components
- Secure communication channels
- Network attacks
Module 5 – Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Module 5 immerses you in physical and logical access control methods and identity management.
- Physical & logical access to assets
- Identification & authentication of people
- Identity management
- Authorization mechanisms
- Access control attacks
- Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC)
Module 6 – Security Assessment and Testing
Module 6 equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to detect vulnerabilities in IT systems and determine the risks they may pose. In this module, we will review various security testing and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Assessment & test strategies
- Code review and interface testing
- Collection of security process data
- Internal and external audits
Module 7 – Security Operations
Module 7 covers security operations and operations security. ‘Security operations’ refers to security measures enforced in the organisation’s day-to-day operations. ‘Operations security’, on the other hand, addresses the security and control of information assets in centralised and distributed environments.
- Concepts an foundation of security operations
- Investigation and evidence collection
- Incident handling and response
- Reporting and documentation
- Patch and vulnerability management
- Change and configuration management
- Disaster recovery
- Asset management
- Security training and awareness
- Emergency management
- Digital forensics tools, tactics, and procedures
Module 8 – Software Development Security
Module 8 gives you a comprehensive introduction to application security. Vulnerable applications can lead to attacks with a profound impact on systems. In this part of the course, you will learn everything a security manager must know about software security.
- Software development security
- Security in the software environment
- Software protection mechanisms
- Effectiveness of software security
- Assessment of software security
- Define and apply secure coding guidelines and standards
ISC2 CISSP® Certification Exam
The CISSP® exam is conducted by ISC2 and is not included in the course. The exam is in English, lasts 4 hours and consists of 125 to 175 open and multiple-choice questions. The CISSP exam is a CAT (Computerized Adaptive Testing) exam. This means the algorithm adapts the difficulty of questions presented depending on your responses to previous questions to measure your individual ability in the most efficient way.
The CISSP exam costs approximately € 665. Upon successful completion of the CISSP exam, you can start your CISSP certification process with ISC2, provided that you meet the CISSP experience requirements.
The CISSP exam requires in-depth theoretical knowledge. In addition to attending the training, you will need to invest a good portion of your time in self-study to excel at your exam. The recommended self-study time is a minimum. You may need significantly more self-study time depending on your personal situation.
Authors & Lead Trainers
Organize a class dedicated for your team
It is possible to organize the course Incompany. Please contact us for more information.