What will you learn?
- 9Master fundamental business continuity terminology, concepts and principles;
- 9 Gain a full understanding of the business continuity management process based on ISO 22301 and ISO 22313;
- 9 Understand the steps of building an effective business continuity program and gain insight into how business continuity planning affects your organisation’s operational activities.
- 3 course days, 1pm – 5.30pm CEST
- 8,5 hours of self-study
- R 1 CPE credit per study hour
Business Continuity Foundation Course – Entry-level business continuity management training
Our Business Continuity Foundation course gives you a comprehensive introduction to designing, implementing and improving a Business Continuity Management Process (BCMP). Designed by practicing business continuity managers, this entry-level business continuity management training offers a concise but in-depth coverage of the key topics of business continuity management, combining best-practice know-how with practical examples, interactive group discussions and fresh insights from the industry.
In this entry-level business continuity management training, you will work with a unique business continuity management process model, a step-by-step guide developed by practicing Business Continuity Managers based on ISO 22301 and ISO 22313, the most widely used international business continuity management standards. As you move along in the course, you will understand what steps you need to take to build an effective business continuity program, and how business continuity planning affects your organisation’s operational activities. At the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of business continuity management terminology, concepts and principles, and you will be able to contribute to your organisation’s continuity efforts at the operational level.
Is this Business Continuity Foundation course for you?
Business Continuity Foundation was designed by practicing business continuity experts for professionals who have an interest in business continuity planning and raising business continuity awareness across their organisation. This course and certificate are ideal for you, if you are considering starting a career in business continuity or resilience management.
If you are a facility manager or information security professional, you (will) likely need to work with business continuity teams to ensure your organisation’s safety. This business continuity training will help you acquire the basics you need to successfully cooperate with business continuity, disaster recovery and resilience professionals.
Are you a start-up founder or SME owner? Benefit from the practical insights shared in this training to develop a solid game plan to shield your business against unexpected events.
Prerequisites to joining this Business Continuity Foundation course
This is an entry-level business continuity management training. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
What is included in this Business Continuity Foundation course?
- Official SECO-Institute course materials developed by practicing business continuity managers;
- Training from passionate instructors who are active in the business continuity industry;
- Practice exam and exam syllabus so you can fully prepare for your certification exam;
- Certification exam voucher;
- Access to the (S)ECO-system, the SECO-Institute’s professional community website where you will find additional resources and exclusive knowledge events.
Business Continuity Foundation Course Modules
Business Continuity Process Development & Identifying Threats
Module 1 – Developing a Business Continuity Process
- Understand the steps of the BCM process, and gain insight into input and output
- Understand the importance of implementing BCM as a support process
- Understand how the BCM process relates to other organisational processes
- Understand the importance of assessing the maturity of an existing BCM process through preliminary research and gap analysis
- Understand the BCM status of your organisation and identify improvement opportunities
- Design a BCM process from an organisational point of view
- Understand how to allocate tasks, roles and responsibilities, and how to develop policies
- Understand the basics of implementing BCM policy
Module 2 – Threats, Vulnerabilities and Business Impact
Understand two main BCM pillars:
- Business Impact Analysis
- Identify and understand the (possible) consequences of disruptions in product / service delivery
- Understand the time it is allowed for processes to be outside the company
- Threats and Vulnerability Analysis
- Identify internal and external threats and vulnerabilities in a given context
- Identify best-practice measures to prevent adverse events
Business Continuity Plan & Testing and Maintenance
Module 3 – Developing and Implementing a Business Continuity Plan
- Familiarise yourself with the various components of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Learn about the costs and benefits of BCP components (including occupational safety and health, crisis and recovery planning)
- Identify recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives and other factors to take into account when developing a BCP
Module 4 – Testing and Maintaining a Business Continuity Plan
- Understand that the BCM process needs constant maintenance
- Learn how to test a complete Business Continuity Plan from test preparation to execution and evaluation
- Understand audit processes and audit focus areas in a BCM process
Business Continuity Foundation Certification Exam
The certification exam is conducted by the SECO-Institute, Europe’s leading security and continuity certification body. The exam voucher is included in the course fee, but you need to schedule your exam with the SECO-Institute. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive an exam certificate and an invitation to register your official SECO-Business Continuity Foundation (S-BCF) certification title free of charge. By activating your certification title, you will become a certified professional in your field and you will receive a shareable digital badge to verify your competence to clients, employers and fellow professionals.
- Exam language: English
- Exam delivery: Online exam with remote proctoring
- Exam format: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Duration: 60 minutes
Why earn a SECO-Business Continuity Foundation (S-BCF) certificate?
If you are considering a career in business continuity or resilience management, S-BCF provides you with an excellent opportunity to enter the industry and advance your skills with higher-level continuity and resilience trainings.
The certificate is particularly suitable for facility managers, security professionals and quality officers seeking career advancement. If you work in a similar role, S-BCF may be your opportunity to take your first step towards becoming a business continuity manager, coordinator or consultant.
S-BCF also has benefits for information security specialists who need to cooperate with business continuity officers to provide the necessary coverage their organisation needs to remain functional in the face of threats. As a security specialist, your ability to perceive business continuity risks and liaise with business continuity teams will considerably improve your efficacy and may even open you to new career opportunities – for example, an information security & business continuity manager or corporate resilience officer position.
What are the benefits of an S-BCF certificate?
An S-BCF certificate demonstrates that you have an overall understanding of the most important aspects of business continuity planning and management. Most importantly, your S-BCF credential verifies that you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of business continuity management process design, business continuity policy development and implementation, and business continuity testing.
In-company training tailored to your needs
Schedule this training as in-company. Upskill your entire team in the most cost-effective way!